Outpatient rehab is an effective and affordable form of treatment and it comes with many benefits. Read on to learn more about outpatient rehab.
What is outpatient rehab?
Before anything else, it’s important to know the difference between inpatient and outpatient rehab. Outpatient treatment is when someone receives treatment without the need of being admitted; whereas with inpatient, admission is required. As mentioned before, inpatient is for people who are unable to manage addiction treatment on an outpatient basis.
With that said, outpatient treatment is not ideal for those who fall into the following categories:
- They can have a severe addiction and need the 24-hour support
- They could be a danger to themselves
- They may have a history of chronic relapse
What are the benefits of outpatient rehab?
Outpatient rehab is for people who are still able to maintain their daily life as normally as possible. It is the most ideal type of treatment for those who need to help support their family through work or finish their education. There are other benefits as well other than the ability to live a normal life.
Here are the two major benefits of outpatient rehab:
- Access to 24-hour support systems – People who are in recovery will need all the support they can get, regardless of the severity of the addiction. Outpatient rehab enables people to remain close to their friends and family to keep a support system.
- Low costs – Inpatient rehabs can be quite extravagant and some may even require an out-of-pocket expense as well. Outpatient rehab is less expensive and does not require any in-patient fees while still providing people with quality treatment.
What are the types of treatments of outpatient rehab?
Everyone is different and as such, they will require different ways to help treat their addiction. Many different outpatient rehab centers offer somewhat of a “multidisciplinary approach” to treatment.
Some models of treatment can include:
- Group therapy
- A 12-step program
- Relapse prevention
- Spirituality group
- DUI programs
- Re-socialization skills
This is just a small fraction of the types of treatments. If you’d like to know more, continue to search the web for more outpatient treatment options.
Suffering from an addiction, albeit drug or alcohol, can be both frightening and isolating. Thankfully, you have an excellent detox center in PA to to visit for outpatient detox programs. Reaching out for help is the first step in getting clean and staying sober. Don’t let embarrassment block the way to happier, healthier life. Contact us today.